The North West Education and Sport Development MEC Sello Lehari applauded the provincial department for the successful hosting of both developmental and professional boxing bouts hosted at James Motlatsi Indoor Centre on Friday, 27 May 2016.
“On behalf of the department we are extremely elated by the incident free event. We are now becoming a household brand in hosting mega events successfully in the province”, said MEC Lehari.
The North West boxers had a chance to display their talent on the professional boxing stage.
More than a thousand boxing fans came to support their favourite boxers whilst millions watched the fights on television. Amongst the dignitaries who came were, Dr Mpho Motlhabane (Transport and Community Safety MEC), Tsholofelo Lejaka (CEO for BSA), Dr Itumeleng Molale (Head of Department) and Stephina Semaswe (Deputy Director General).
The results of the eight boxing fights are as follows:
– France Ramabolu (Free State) outboxed Congolese Chris Mugisho over 12 rounds for the vacant WBF Africa Junior Middleweight belt.
– Walter Dlamini(Gauteng) and Xolani Mvubu (Kzn) drew over six rounds.
– Ronald Malindi (Gauteng) defeated Percy Mkhize (Gauteng) on points.
– Sihle Jelwane (Free State) beat Letus Mbele on points over six rounds.
-Congolese Stanis Apanu defeated Siyamcela Mntwana (North West) in the sixth round.
– During the main event, Koos Sibiya (Mpumalanga) defeated Samuel Kapapu of Namibia
The vision of the North West Premier, SOR Mahumapelo of Triple R namely Rebranding, Repositioning and Renewal is fast coming into play through sports.